I have to admit, I generally think of Costa as a sunglass company, but it turns out they have hats, some apparel, and some luggage as well. Getting a sample of the 30L Large Pack was a great introduction to their bag lineup.
For travel and daily adventures, the Costa 30 Liter Large Backpack is a good fit. With a water and abrasion resistant fabric, this backpack can stand up to the adventures you put it through. As I think of Costa as a water-adventure brand (but not in a limiting way), it would have been great if this bag was waterproof, but maybe that’s forthcoming.
Costa 30 Liter Large Backpack Features:
- Interior: bucket style main pocket with padded compartment for computer, mesh pockets for loose items, and a second sleeve for books/iPad/etc.
- Exterior storage: mesh side pockets and reinforced daisy chains
- Front exterior zippered storage pocket for pens/keys/sundries
- Top zippered pocket with fleece lining for mall items and sunglasses
At a claimed 1.5 pounds, this is not a heavy backpack, but the stitching and piecing together feel sturdy and I suspect will not come apart easily. The zippers have had no issues and the attached Costa pulls make them easy to find and use.
Costa 30 Liter Large Backpack Pros:
- Wears like a small backpack but is pretty voluminous.
- Great looking design that is also quality built – this feels like it will last a long time.
Costa 30 Liter Large Backpack Cons:
- The description mentions an expandable phone pouch on shoulder strap, but it’s not pictured on the website and my pack definitely doesn’t have one.
- No way to cinch down the pack to compress – not a big deal, but it does have a large compartment that can feel quite empty when not filled.
In general, this is a simply backpack with most needed features, a quality build, and good for day use as well as an extended weekend. Should you need a smaller backpack, check out the 20L Small Backpack from Costa, same design, smaller size.
Use the #SEEWHATSOUTTHERE hashtag to see what is happening in the Costa world.
*This product provided for editorial purposes – all opinions are my own.