“GOGO Lantern : The World’s Most Powerful Bucket!”
When you’re out adventuring overnight, one of the things most important (amongst many more) is lighting. Recently, I was offered a review sample of the new GOGO Lantern bucket, which can be charged either via solar power or USB, and has multiple uses in the backcountry, home, and everything in between.
GOGO Lantern can be used indoors or outdoors, as both the bucket and light are IP67 waterproof. I love that they show the lantern being used as an ice bucket for beer – won’t work in the backcountry (who’s carrying ice?), but this is a great idea for a backyard BBQ. Several light settings mean you can be romantic or construction site bright, whichever suits the current mood.
- Green: power charge over 80% , lighting time around 5 hours.
- Red: power charge less than 80%
- Red light flashing: low power, time to charge.
There are several ways to hang the bucket. The lantern portion is magnetic, which is a cool feature, as long as magnetic surfaces are available. The lamp and bucket can also be separated – a small hole on the lamp allows you to hook on the included strap, to hang up around camp, or to put around the neck for easy carrying, like an outdoors Flavor Flav .
For the features geeks:
- Solar panel: 5V, 210mah, uses monocrystalline silicon, conversion rate of 21%;
- Battery: 3.7V, 1300mah, 500 times the charge cycle, work temperature is -20℃ – +80℃;
- LED: 8 x 28350 LED lights of 120 lumens;
- Lighting modes：half light: 60 lumen; high light: 120 lumen; SOS; flashlight.
- DC charge: output 5V 0.5A;
- Waterproof level: IP67;
- Gross Weight: 290g/10.23oz;
- Warranty: 1 year.
The GOGO Lantern can be custom designed using images, logos, or your family photos. Would work great as wedding souvenirs.
Only one negative for me – the on/off switch is a bit balky and doesn’t always immediately respond. Didn’t happen every time, but it’s something for them to look at.
Overall, the GOGO Lantern is a fun and useful addition to your gear closet – use it at home or carry it in the backcountry and everything in between.
Check out the GoGo Lantern Kickstarter page!
*Product provided for editorial purposes – all opinions are my own.
[*Also check out the Goal Zero Lighthouse 250 Lantern.]