GoLite Footwear is different from other outdoor shoes due to its proprietary “Soft Against the Ground” technology, which effectively turns traditional shoe construction upside down to provide greater stability and traction, while enhancing overall protection and performance. Even though they are both named GoLite, along with the gear company from Colorado, they are actually two separate companies. The GoLite brand’s footwear license was issued to The Timberland Company some years ago. In 2008, New England Footwear purchased the license from Timberland and is currently manufacturing shoes under the GoLite Footwear brand name. Although they maintain ongoing dialog with the GoLite gear team, the two companies are unrelated and do not represent each other’s products.
- SAT G: Soft Against The Ground – the soft part of the sole is close to the ground with the firm platform against the foot – the outsole thus absorbs the shock of the trail instead of your body.
- Precise Fit – no two feet are alike, so by adding to or removing a pad from the insole, you can modify the forefoot volume to accommodate a narrow, medium, or wide foot.
- Grip Stick Rubber – GoLite’s exclusive high-grip compound that provides superior traction on slick surfaces such as wet rocks, snow, and ice.
- CrossOver – the super lightweight Crossover sole is made with two densities of EVA and can transition from the road to a single track trail with ease.
- GoLite Baretech – offers all the benefits of barefoot running with the practical protection of traditional shoes.
This review will also appear at Endurance Gear Reviews, a new site to which I will start transitioning all my product reviews. Take a moment to check it out, become a follower, and subscribe to email notices of new posts. Thanks!
These babies showed up a few days ago, special black socks and all, really looking forward to trying these out and reporting back. Worn around the house, these shoes have been amazingly comfortable.
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review purposes, courtesy of GoLite Footwear via New England Footwear. I was not compensated in any other way for the review, was not obligated to give it a positive review, and all opinions are my own. Some information in this review was taken from the company website.