Is there anything more romantic in skiing than the notion that you should “earn your turns?” Complete independence of the lifts goes beyond cool, in my mind. I haven’t had the opportunity to do that myself too often, but if I ever move to a mountainous region, it will definitely be one way I’ll stay in shape during winter.
Even though we don’t have a lot of places to test this sort of pack out, I did manage to get out with it a few times.
- Comfortable, with or without skis
- bulletproof construction
- hard as nails material
- simple yet secure strapping system
- utility pockets on back and on waistbelt
- accommodates 2 smaller skis if you want to take your kids out
- small hydration reservoir fits in back utility pocket
- Only one color option
- No clips to integrate a hydration system
As you can tell from the minimal cons list, Orion Packs has come up with a winner.
Orion Packs also makes a carrier for snowboarding, the Method, if that’s your thing. Forthcoming are women specific models as well.
Disclaimer: This pack was sent to me for review purposes.
Want to build your own snow jumps? DMOS Collective Stealth Shovel